If you think you are paying too much for your business insurance, chances are, you most probably are. Did you know that by comparing quotes online you will be able to choose from similar products from a multitude of service providers from the comfort of your armchair, and save a substantial amount of money on your monthly premiums?
Granted, there are many of us that feel comfortable using the same service provider year in and year out, as it is a place of comfort and humans are creatures of habit – but if you are wanting to save on your bottom line it is time to think out of the box, step out of your comfort zone and find an insurance service provider that will put money back into your pocket.
This does not only apply to insurance for your personal use, but is quite pertinent as far as your business insurance is concerned.
Don’t wait for the New Year to stare you in the eye before you take a stance to make a change; there is no time like the present to think differently and to make some radical changes to your finances and that of your business.
It is no secret that life is very expensive where every single penny counts – after all, pennies soon add up to pounds.
If you are looking for a couple of smart ideas to save money on your business insurance here are a couple of pointers to take into account:
- Security will make a difference as far as your business and personal vehicle insurance is concerned. When it comes to vehicle cover, good security which includes a tracker system, microdots, immobiliser and gear locks are all taken into the equation.
- Furthermore, a good claims record is an added advantage. Shop around a little as certain insurers will reduce transport insurance premiums if you and your drivers have completed a couple of advanced driving courses successfully.
- Take note that if there are certain items that are covered under your business insurance policy, such as computers and cell phones, which means that you don’t have to have separate cover for these belongings. But the chances are that you will need separate cover for phones, computers etc., especially if you take these out of the premises on a regular basis.
- The depreciation of the Rand against other currencies can increase your insurance premiums – this applies particularly to vehicle insurance cover as repairs and parts will probably escalate.
- A no-claims record will put you in good stead – always. Try paying for the smaller things out of your own pocket as your premiums will go up if you are continually claiming.
For lowering premiums for business insurance the secret is to look around and find the one that suits you and your budget like a glove. These five pointers are only the tip of the iceberg – there are numerous other smart ways to save money – thinking creatively and out of the box will get you the great insurance deals you deserve.