Becoming an entrepreneur is not everyone’s cup of tea, but for those that are brave enough, this could be the answer to your dreams. Is this the year that you will finally take that leap of faith and start something on your own? So what is it that sets those winning entrepreneurs apart from the crowd and what are the assets that make a winner out of ordinary individuals?
Labels are for clothes and not for people – there are often “liabilities” that are actually assets that you might possess but which are actually definitive signs that you have what it takes.
- If you think out of the box and simply hate the way things have been done since the days of Noah and the Ark, plus you are an individual who would like to make things happen instead of waiting for them to happen; just going through the motions is not something that a winner does and not following the pack is another trait that will put you in good stead when starting up your own business.
- If you feel that there is scope to do stuff bigger and better, then you are on the right track – and especially if you are highly opinionated this could help you to find your feet when starting on your own.
- If you are one of those individuals that simply cannot sleep at night because your mind is racing like a train with ideas and thoughts – chances are that a brilliant idea will pop up in your dreams. It is no secret that many dreams and ideas have formed during the early hours of the morning.
- If you are a scaredy-cat and afraid of going solo, this is not uncommon because we have been brain-washed to think that entrepreneurs are at great risk and instead should rather think of getting a good job at a great firm. But the reality is that there is equal instability in both.
- If you are described as being obsessive compulsive this could act in your favour but you need to realise that this is a good thing and not a bad trait as being passionate in your vision will prove to be beneficial.
If you can see the upshot of the traits that do not necessarily suit salaried employment but work really well for game changers and innovators, then it is high time to evaluate your answers and determine where your business opportunities lie – chances are you would do well going solo as an entrepreneur.